Sunday, February 10, 2008

Did You Hear?

The writer's strike is just about over! I say "just about" because the membership has to vote on whether to continue striking during the ratification process. Union members can be quite fickle and while this strike has gone on for longer than anyone had hoped, I won't believe the strike is over until the votes are counted. And even then, the agreement still has to be ratified. My experience with ratification and unions is that the members will do what the members will do, recommendations of the negotiating committee be damned. While my union membership is only 1800 people, the WGA's is considerably larger so who really knows what will happen.

Whatever the result, I hope the WGA is content with the deal it got. Happiness is often too much to ask, as it's impossible to make everyone happy.

No comments: